Chitosan is used worldwide as a biostimulant and SAR activator. Systemic Aquired Resistance is achieved when the plant believes that it has interacted with a pest or pathogen and goes into its defense mode, commonly referred to as SAR. Trichome Mania is a 2% chitosan formula, extracted from chitin found in the shells of shrimp, crabs and lobsters. Chitin is also found predominantly in the exoskeletons of predatory and crop destroying insects, which is why plants assume they are under attack and the SAR is activated. Once SAR is activated and there is no attack, the plant can then use the cascade of triggered plant hormones to grow and strengthen itself. Roots and fruits, trichomes and terpene production all increase!
Use of Trichomemania on your crops will result in:
1. Increased root growth and plant mass
2. Remarkable swelling in trichome glands
3. Increased terpene production
4. Increases in size, density and quality of fruit
5. Increased resistance to fungi, microbes and pests
6. Increased tolerance to excessive light, heat or drought
About our Process
Located in the Coquimbo Region of Chile, our world-class processing plant is dedicated to the formulation and output of products derived from crustacean shell byproduct. Our raw material is derived from a fishery which is MSC certified.